Name and Objectives
The name of the organization is the International Society for
Geometry and Graphics, abbreviated to ISGG, and hereinafter referred to as
the Society. The Society is an international non-profit organization. It is
established simultaneously under the European Economic Community and the
United States of America regulations with its registered Administrative
Office where the president resides.
The objective of the Society is to foster international
collaboration and stimulate scientific research and teaching methodology in
the fields of geometry and graphics.
To pursue its objectives the Society shall seek to:
- foster geometry and graphics technology transfer;
- enhance the quality of graphics and geometry education of designers,
engineers, and geometricians, through international co-operation;
- co-operate with international agencies and corporation;
- sponsor international conferences, seminars and symposiums in graphics
- establish sponsored research and funding mechanisms;
- seek membership from graphics and geometry organizations and
The Society shall promote the publication of international
journals, books, software, manuals and conference proceedings in geometry
The official language of the Society is English.
The Society is an organization of individual and institutional
members. However, only individual members are eligible to vote.
Application for membership shall be submitted to the
Administrative Office for approval. Membership is effective from the date
the application is approved by the Society.
The members shall:
- participate in the election of officers;
- participate in assigned committee work;
- contribute with written articles and/or conference
- contribute to the dissemination of graphics and geometry
- participate in developing and organizing the International
- encourage scholar exchange.
The administrative organization of the Society consists of the
Board of Regents and the Administrative Office. The Board of Regents,
hereinafter referred as the Board, is responsible for establishing the
Society's policy; the Administrative Office is responsible for the
implementation of policy based on the Board's directives.
Meetings of the membership and their constituencies shall be
held at least once every four years at the International Conference.
The business membership meeting shall be convened by the
President. Calls for the meeting specifying the agenda shall be communicated
to the members at least three (3) months in advance. Advance notice
specifying the date and location of the meeting is to be given no later than
one (1) year before the meeting.
Board of regents
The Board shall define the general policy of the Society,
provide the overall guidance, and assign resources for the effective
operation of the organization's offices. The Board consist of the following
- one (1) president;
- three (3) vice-presidents, representing:
North/South America, Asia/Australia, and
Europe/Africa - elected
- nine (9) directors from different regions to be appointed/nominated;
- one (1) secretary/treasurer - elected;
- chairman of the Conference Organizing Committee for the next conference.
The Board shall:
- determine the membership fee for the individual and institutional members;
- develop and set the budgetary guidelines;
- appoint one (1) auditor who shall not be member of the Board;
- decide on fiscal and personnel issues;
- approve the site for the International Conferences on Geometry and Graphics.
The term of office of the Board is four years. In case of
vacancies, the President will designate a substitute for the remaining term
The president, the three (3) vice presidents, and the secretary/treasurer
will be elected. The nine (9) directors will be appointed, two by each vice
Finance and Administration
- Section 6.1
To achieve its objectives the Society shall raise funds through
individuals and institutional membership dues. This amount is to be
determined by the Board at the International Conference business meeting.
- Section 6.2
Additional revenues shall be derived from grants and
contributions, gifts and donations.
- Section 6.3
The fiscal term of the Association is annual.
- Section 6.4
The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the
accounts of the Society and shall present the audited accounts to the Board
The accounts and other documents to be approved by the Board, shall be
submitted to the auditors no later than three months before the business
- Section 6.5
No administrative compensation shall be paid without the
authorization of the Board.
Amendments and Interpretation
- Section 7.1
These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote
of the Board members present and voting and ratified by the membership.
- Section 7.2
Proposals for amendments to these bylaws may be submitted for
consideration by any member of the Society. Such proposals shall be
submitted to the President in written form no later than six (6) months
before the Board meeting at which they are to be discusses.
- Section 7.3
On the dissolution of the Society the remaining assets shall be
used to further the objectives of the Graphics/Geometry community as
specified by the Board.
- Section 7.4
Any disagreement of interpretation of these bylaws shall be
resolved by the Board.