ISGG Board Election Bylaws
The International Society for Geometry and Graphics (ISGG) Board
Election Bylaws specify the regulations for the ISGG Board elections,
in particular the elections of the President, the 3 Vice-Presidents
and the Treasurer.
- The term of Board office is four years and starts on January 1
of the first year of the term (these years are: 2013, 2017,
2021.. ). It terminates on December 31 of the last year of the
- The elections for President, three Vice-presidents
respectively for the areas: North/South America,
Asia/Australia/Oceania and Europe/Africa, and Treasurer will take
place simultaneously via Internet. The election period will be
determined by the Election Committee. The latest possible date is
December 10 of the year before the new Board Office starts.
- Each individual member of ISGG is eligible to vote for
President, three Vice-presidents and Treasurer.
- Each individual member of ISGG who has paid his/her membership
fee has the right to run for office.
- Each member is eligible to nominate candidates for office.
- The President announces the Call for Nominations for the ISGG
Board Positions. Nominations for the positions to be elected will
be open for one month, but will terminate no later than October 15
of the year of the elections. An email is sent out to all members
by the President of ISGG no later than September 1 of the year of
- The nominations are collected by the President of ISGG. These
nominations are submitted to the Board of ISGG no later than
October 15 of the year of the elections.
- The Board of the ISGG discusses the nominees and prepares a
slate of maximum two candidates for each position to be
elected. This proposal has to contain the agreement and short CVs
(max. 300 words) of the candidates.
- The President presents the slate to the Election Committee no
later than October 31 of the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee consists of three individual members of
ISGG. The president of ISGG is responsible for nomination of
Election Committee members, subject to final approval by the
members of the Board. The President will attempt to have all 3
regions represented on the Election Committee.
- Each member of the Election Committee must agree to serve on
the Election Committee.
- The members of the Election Committee must be determined no
later than October 15 in the year of the elections.
- The members of the Election Committee are excluded from
nominations on the Board positions.
- The chair of the Election Committee is chosen by the members
of the Election Committee.
- The active president of ISGG is responsible for submitting the
full list of names and current email addresses of ISGG members
eligible for vote to the Election Committee. The list should be
provided no later than October 15 in the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee specifies the Election Time-table no
later than November 10 of the year of the elections. The Election
Time-table must be accepted by the Board.
- The Election Committee announces the Election Time-table on
the webpage of ISGG and through an email to the current members of
ISGG no later than November 15 of the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee sends the ballot containing the list of
candidates for each position via email no later than November 15
of the year of the elections.
- The elections will be conducted by Internet.
- The poll remains open no longer than 2 weeks.
- Only members who are eligible to vote (including the members
of the Election Committee) can do so during the polling period.
- Each voter can only vote for one person in each category
(president, vice president of his/her region, treasurer). Each
individual ISGG member has 3 votes: 1 for President, 1 for
Vice-President of his/her region, 1 vote for Treasurer.
- If a candidate receives more than half of the votes cast, the
election for that position is final. In case no candidate receives
a majority, an additional poll for this position will be
- After the elections the chair of the Election Committee
reports the election result including: the time period of the
poll, the title of the poll, the number of candidates, the number
of votes cast and the number of votes for each candidate.
- The Report of the poll result will be published on the ISGG
- The Report of the poll result and the Election Committee
Report must be included in the ISGG files.