ISGG Board Election Bylaws
The International Society for Geometry and Graphics (ISGG) Board Election Bylaws specify the regulations for the ISGG Board elections, in particular the elections of the President, the 3 Vice-Presidents and the Treasurer.
- The term of Board office is four years and starts on January 1 of the first year of the term (these years are: 2013, 2017, 2021.. ). It terminates on December 31 of the last year of the term.
- The elections for President, three Vice-presidents respectively for the areas: North/South America, Asia/Australia/Oceania and Europe/Africa, and Treasurer will take place simultaneously via Internet. The election period will be determined by the Election Committee. The latest possible date is December 10 of the year before the new Board Office starts.
- Each individual member of ISGG is eligible to vote for President, three Vice-presidents and Treasurer.
- Each individual member of ISGG who has paid his/her membership fee has the right to run for office.
- Each member is eligible to nominate candidates for office.
- The President announces the Call for Nominations for the ISGG Board Positions. Nominations for the positions to be elected will be open for one month, but will terminate no later than October 15 of the year of the elections. An email is sent out to all members by the President of ISGG no later than September 1 of the year of election.
- The nominations are collected by the President of ISGG. These nominations are submitted to the Board of ISGG no later than October 15 of the year of the elections.
- The Board of the ISGG discusses the nominees and prepares a slate of maximum two candidates for each position to be elected. This proposal has to contain the agreement and short CVs (max. 300 words) of the candidates.
- The President presents the slate to the Election Committee no later than October 31 of the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee consists of three individual members of ISGG. The president of ISGG is responsible for nomination of Election Committee members, subject to final approval by the members of the Board. The President will attempt to have all 3 regions represented on the Election Committee.
- Each member of the Election Committee must agree to serve on the Election Committee.
- The members of the Election Committee must be determined no later than October 15 in the year of the elections.
- The members of the Election Committee are excluded from nominations on the Board positions.
- The chair of the Election Committee is chosen by the members of the Election Committee.
- The active president of ISGG is responsible for submitting the full list of names and current email addresses of ISGG members eligible for vote to the Election Committee. The list should be provided no later than October 15 in the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee specifies the Election Time-table no later than November 10 of the year of the elections. The Election Time-table must be accepted by the Board.
- The Election Committee announces the Election Time-table on the webpage of ISGG and through an email to the current members of ISGG no later than November 15 of the year of the elections.
- The Election Committee sends the ballot containing the list of candidates for each position via email no later than November 15 of the year of the elections.
- The elections will be conducted by Internet.
- The poll remains open no longer than 2 weeks.
- Only members who are eligible to vote (including the members of the Election Committee) can do so during the polling period.
- Each voter can only vote for one person in each category (president, vice president of his/her region, treasurer). Each individual ISGG member has 3 votes: 1 for President, 1 for Vice-President of his/her region, 1 vote for Treasurer.
- If a candidate receives more than half of the votes cast, the election for that position is final. In case no candidate receives a majority, an additional poll for this position will be organized.
- After the elections the chair of the Election Committee reports the election result including: the time period of the poll, the title of the poll, the number of candidates, the number of votes cast and the number of votes for each candidate.
- The Report of the poll result will be published on the ISGG website.
- The Report of the poll result and the Election Committee Report must be included in the ISGG files.